Thursday, January 01, 2009

Ringing In The New Year

Senor Ping and I spent New Year's Eve with our dear friends, John and Marla. They cooked a delicious roast beef supper and then we watched the World Junior Hockey game, Canada vs U.S. Eventually we made our way upstairs to play some cards. My former title of "crib champ" didn't help me this time as I found myself on the losing end of both games. We had a great evening and finally headed for home at 2:00 AM Probably the latest any of us have been up on New Years Eve for years!!

Today I cleaned out the fridge, started making turkey soup, added 5 pieces to the puzzle (this is the daily quota necessary to complete the puzzle by spring) and read my book. It has been a quiet day at the Bailey house!! This is only the calm before the storm as the next month will be very busy with Dinner Theatre only 36 days away!!

No comments: