Thursday, November 22, 2007

I've Been Tagged

As many of you may already know, Megan is a die hard Blogger. She can turn a story about her boring morning commute into a great read over your first cup of coffee for the day or leave you shaking your head saying "I didn't know that about my daughter/sister/niece/cousin" with her over 100 random facts about Megan. Well now she has come up with something we can all take part in.
The rules: Each player lists 8 random facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 4 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
So here goes, 8 things you may or may not know about Snowflake:
1. Snowflake was actually a name given to me by my best friend's father when I was a sweet little 6 year old. The name stuck all through school and even followed me to Eatonia.

2. I don't like cucumbers or watermelon, but love dill pickles and cantaloupe.

3. I do not do puke!!! Thank God for Mrs. Craney all those years that I taught kindergarten. She saved me great humiliation many times when she came to my rescue and helped the poor little children who vomited at school and had the misfortune of being in my classroom.

4. I love chocolate, especially Cadbury Easter eggs. I also love chocolate cake, chocolate cookies, even chocolate dipped pretzels but I do not like chocolate ice cream...... but dip my ice cream cone in chocolate or put chunks of chocolate in my ice cream and I am a very happy person!

5. I love to read and I will force myself to keep reading even the worst book just because I started it. I can only think of 2 books I didn't finish and now that I am retired I may have to go back and try reading them again.

6. I love holidays. By that I mean Thanksgiving, Xmas, Easter, Valentines Day, Groundhog Day, St. Patrick's Day,Canada Day etc. I also have a sweater or shirt and earrings for each of the major holidays. (Megan has recently convinced me I don't have to buy anymore holiday apparel...Boohoo)

7. I read cookbooks. I don't always try the recipe but I like to read about it anyway.

8. I can remember birthdates for most of the students I have taught over the past 30 years. I may not be able to get the exact date but I usually have the month right and then I can tell you how old they are by figuring out what year I taught them. That proved to be a real bummer for those almost 19 year olds that tried to order a drink when I worked at the curling rink bar.

Now I will tag:
Allan
Raymondo
Laurel
Diving Diva
Have fun!!!

1 comment:

Meg said...

That was fast! I didn't know that you didn't like chocolate ice cream. See? Bonding. This is what we call bonding. Over the internets. Awww.