Sunday, April 08, 2007

Hoppy Easter Everyone

Easter has always been a favorite time of the year for me. When I was a youngster it meant jelly beans and chocolate bunnies and big family dinners with all the cousins. When I was at University it meant the end of a term and the start of exams. As a teacher I always enjoyed filling hand made baskets with chocolate eggs and convincing my students that the Easter Bunny had indeed come to our classroom while they were in the gym. You wouldn't believe the number of students that came running in after recess to announce that they had seen the Easter Bunny leaving the shool yard. Easter also became a great time for family holidays. We made numerous trips to Las Vegas when Megan and Allan were growing up. I'll never forget the year I packed all the Easter treats up and left them in the trunk of the car until Easter morning. The extremely warm temperatures turned the bunnies into puddles of chocolate. Last year Senor Ping and I were in Rome at Easter and had a great time touring Vatican City just prior to the Pope's first Easter address. This year we are in sunny Arizona. The chocolate eggs stayed in the fridge until it was time to eat them and we didn't have the traditional meal of ham or turkey. We feasted on barbequed steak and shrimp after a round of golf. We wish all our family could be here to join us but we will have to settle for wishing everyone a very Happy Easter.

2 comments:

Raymondo said...

We also had a great Easter dinner with L & K home from Edmonton, and Grandma Clara up from NB. Traditional ham, scalloped potatoes, etc. plus Saskatoon pie for dessert!
Our best wishes go out to you and everyone else who visits the site.

Meg said...

Al and I went out for dinnner- I had thai green curry, he had penne alfredo.

No chocolate bunnies in sight...